Things to try first...
From experience an iPod with a "Sadface" may just be the battery.
This is true for most models prior to the iPod Video, and including the iPod Mini.
Sometimes a Reset and Restore will fix your problem.
- To Reset your iPod (best done connected to power charger)
Simultaneously press and hold the top and centre buttons for 6 seconds. The screen will go dark, the apple symbol will appear, and hopefully clear the problem.
If this does not work, you will need to Restore the iPod. This wipes all data from your iPod so make sure your music is still in iTunes.
- Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed.
- Connect your iPod to your computer.
- Open iTunes. (If iTunes sees the iPod it will do this automatically. It may take some time)
- Click the restore tab (lower right of page) to restore the iPod. iTunes needs to be connected to the Internet to perform this function. It may wish to down load the latest software for your particular iPod.
- If this is successful click Sync to restore your music. You may need to do this several times. If you cannot get past step 3 i.e. iTunes does not see your iPod, register your repair and send your iPod to us for diagnosis.